1 hr 5 mins
This is one of our favorites... it's great for Christmas morning! It's got all the Christmasy flavors, and it's assembled the night before. You can use any kind of marmalade/jam for the filling. I have used regular and sugar free jams. You can also use light cream cheese, 2% milk in place of the cream, egg beaters in place of the eggs... to lighten it up a bit. Hope it becomes one of your family traditions!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- 2Whisk together eggs, half and half, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 3Beat the cream cheese and marmalade until smooth.
- 4Spread the cream cheese mixture on one slice of bread, and cover with another slice, making sandwiches. Place in baking dish, and continue to assemble sandwiches until the dish is full. (I usually do 1/2 sandwiches as well as whole to fill up the dish).
- 5Pour egg mixture over the bread slowly, making sure each piece gets some mixture.
- 6Refrigerate overnight.
- 7Bake covered @ 350 for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes, or until browned.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Orange French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 198.6 mg
- Sodium 161.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: