Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
A tasty side dish, nice with roast meat or chicken.
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the onions leaving the root end uncut.
- Put the onions in a pot and cover them with water, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the onions from the pot and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off one quarter of the onion removing the root, scoop out a third of the inside (discard or use in some other recipe).
- Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, green onion and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add salt and pepper to the bread crumb mixture if desired.
- Place the onions in a greased baking dish and fill with stuffing.
- Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Bake the onions for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
Made this recipe for PAC 2010. Oooooooooooo this was very yummy, will make again. Thanks for posting this lovely recipe :)