Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
At Olive Garden we are passionate about Italian cooking. We are pleased to share with you a collection of our Featured Recipes over the years that you can prepare at home—and share with your friends and family. You can find this link : http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/recipe_search/recipe_display.asp?id=95
- 2 cups water
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh chopped
- 25 mussels, in shells (beard removed, shell scrubbed and free from sand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pancetta (Italian bacon)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced small
- 3 tablespoons garlic, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1⁄4 cup tbsps parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain stuffing cubes
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- PLACE water, lemon halves, white wine and garlic in a large sauce pot. Add mussels and cover.
- ALLOW mussels to cook until they have all opened.
- REMOVE mussels and set aside to cool. Discard any mussels that have not opened. Discard liquid.
- HEAT oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook until browned. Transfer to paper towels and allow to drain. Add onions and garlic to hot pan and cook until onions are translucent. Do not brown.
- MIX remaining ingredients (except Parmesan cheese) in a bowl. Add drained pancetta, cooked onion and garlic. Mix well.
- REMOVE mussels from shell. If using fresh mussels, remove “beard.”.
- PLACE mussel back in one half of the shell. Place 1 Tbsp stuffing on top of each mussel. Top with grated cheese.
- REFRIGERATE until ready to serve.
- PLACE stuffed mussels in a baking casserole dish.
- BAKE at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until hot throughout.
- SERVE on a platter or portion onto single plates. Garnish with parsley.