These savory melt-in-your-mouth morsels are irresistible, especially for mushroom fans. Points 1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom, cleaned (about 24 large)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, passed through a press
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Remove stems from mushrooms; finely chop enough stems to equal 1/2 cup and reserve (save remaining stems for another use).
- 3Place mushroom caps in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
- 4Arrange caps cavity side up on a shallow baking pan; set aside.
- 5Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add sausage, green onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and reserved chopped mushroom stems.
- 7Cook, stirring, breaking sausage into smaller pieces with a fork, for about 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- 8Remove from heat; add 1/2 cup mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese and stir just until cheese melts.
- 9Stuff mushroom caps with sausage mixture; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons mozzarella.
- 10Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Mushrooms With Sausage and Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 60.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: