Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These savory melt-in-your-mouth morsels are irresistible, especially for mushroom fans. Points 1.
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Mushrooms With Sausage and Mozzarella recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom, cleaned (about 24 large)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, passed through a press
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; finely chop enough stems to equal 1/2 cup and reserve (save remaining stems for another use).
- Place mushroom caps in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Arrange caps cavity side up on a shallow baking pan; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage, green onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and reserved chopped mushroom stems.
- Cook, stirring, breaking sausage into smaller pieces with a fork, for about 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from heat; add 1/2 cup mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese and stir just until cheese melts.
- Stuff mushroom caps with sausage mixture; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons mozzarella.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
Such a simple recipe, but ooohhhhh sooooo goooood!!! I made these as an appetizer for dinner with the in-laws, and holy cow they were gone before I knew it! I GOT ONE!!! And boy was it yummy! I will be making these again soon...maybe for myself ONLY! Thank you for sharing such a great recipe!