Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe comes from one of my favorite restaurants, The Philips.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, plus
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 24 large mushrooms, stems removed (each about 2" across)
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (like Old Bay)
- Butter a 10 x 15" baking dish.
- Combine 1 egg, 1 heaping tbs mayonnaise, 1 tbs lemon juice, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- In another medium bowl, combine crabmeat and breadcrumbs.
- Pour egg mixture over crab mixture and mix gently.
- Stuff mushroom caps with crab mixture, mounding in center and pressing gently to adhere.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms in prepared dish.
- (Can be made one day ahead. Cover and refridgerate.).
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Bake until mushrooms begin to release juices, about 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining egg, 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 tbs lemon juice, and half and half in a small bowl.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and drizzle each with sauce, then sprinkle with crab boil seasoning.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender and sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This was SUPERB!!! I cant get over how good they were, and my hubby asked me if I would make them agian soon! I actually left off the Boil seasoning, and they were so good, so next time I will use that and I bet they will be even better! Thanks!!!!!!
Delicious! We had these as a lunch and they were wonderful. I accidentally added 1/2 c of breadcrumbs and they still tasted great. Thank you for a yummy new recipe!