From Daphne Oz in the cookbook The Chew. A lovely hor d'oeuvre.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 button mushrooms, scrubbed clean and stems reserved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced (or red onion)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence (or dried thyme)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons pecorino cheese, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- 2Finely chop the mushroom stems. Heat 1 tbls. olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Saute the chopped mushroom stems and the shallots for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- 3Add the garlic and almonds, and season with salt. Stir well and saute 2 more minutes. Turn off the heat and add the parsley, herbes de Provence(or thyme), and whole wheat bread crumbs.
- 4Pour the vegetable stock into a food processor, then the rest of the stuffing. Pulse several times to get a fine mixture, almost a paste.
- 5Toss the mushroom caps with olive oil. Fill each mushroom with the stuffing.
- 6Sprinkle grated Pecorino cheese over each mushroom and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese browns a little and the mushrooms are warmed through.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence