Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I used to get this at Karl's Chop House in Detroit. It cost a bundle. So I learned to make my own. And you can too! It's easy. Makes a great romantic dinner. Soooooo goooood!!!!!!
- 1 (2 lb) lobsters, boiled for 10 min
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (2 slices)
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- When lobster is cool enough to handle, split in half lengthwise.
- Remove dark strip if present.
- Remove the coral and liver to a medium bowl.
- To coral, add bread crumbs and butter, salt, pepper and taragon.
- Put mixture in cavaties of lobster, drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until browned.
I made this for our Christmas Eve dinner. It was out of this world! The stuffing was so good. I used three smaller (1 1/4 lb) lobsters, and added another 1/2 of everything in the recipe, dividing it up three ways. There were lots of smiles around the table that night! Thanks Inez - you did it again!!
I made this a little different, Instead of boiling the lobster in water, I steamed them in beer which gives a bit sweeter taste to the lobster. Chef #190370