Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from my friends winery.I love swiss chard,I haven't tried this one yet,but plan it for Easter dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 lbs swiss chard, stems discarded,leaves cut in 1/2 inch ribbons
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (, not the canned stuff!)
- 1 (6 lb) spiral sliced ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic,cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add chard and green onions,cook until chard begins to wilt (about 5 minutes).
- Add mustard seeds,salt and red pepper,mix well.
- Cook until chard is completely wilted and tender (about another 5 minutes).
- Reomve from heat and add parmesan,mix well.
- Put large sheet of aluminum foil in roasting pan.
- Set ham on foil and stuff filling between each slice of ham.
- Wrap foil around ham and bake until hot,about 1 hour.