Recipe by kelly jean
This recipe sounds a little "different," but it was a huge hit this year at Easter. It originally called for 6 eggs; however, I've been able to squeeze in 8 and have plenty of sauce.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggs lengthwise, remove yolks, set whites aside.
- On a plate, mash yolks and add sour cream, mustard, and salt. Mix well.
- Fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- In a small pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add soup and sour cream; mix well.
- Pour half of the sauce mixture into an 11x7 pan. Place stuffed eggs in sauce and spoon remaining sauce on top of eggs. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.