Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Saw this at Campus B&B site. Great if you need to bring a dish for breakfast.
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 croissants
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- Split croissants horizontally. (They don't need to be really fresh. Packaged croissants work fine.) Spread cream cheese on each open side. Spread orange marmalade on one side and make a sandwich with the top. (Substitutions for the orange marmalade may be other jams or fresh fruit).
- Oil a large casserole or 9x12 cake pan and place the croissants into the pan.
- Whip together eggs,orange juice,milk,nutmeg,salt,vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour the egg mixture over the filled croissants. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Remove the croissants and place on a cookie sheet or baking stone which has been lightly oiled. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Or, poke fork holes in the croissant and let sit in the egg mixture for 15 minutes and bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve hot.