Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very impressive side dish, and very tasty may I add.....a different twist from your regular carrot side dish.
- 12 carrots, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 4 teaspoons grated onions
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted,divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- set oven to 375 degrees.
- grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place carrots in a skillet; add 1-in.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 mins, or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Cut a thin lengthwise slice out of each carrot.
- Scoop out carrot, leaving 1/4-in shell; set shells aside.
- Process the removed carrot in a food processor or blender until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl; add mayo, onion, horseradish, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into carrot shells.
- Place into a greased baking dish.
- Combine crumbs, 1 tbsp.
- butter and paprika; sprinkle over carrots, drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-25 mins, or until tender.