Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Baked capsicums with delicious stuffing
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Capsicums or Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut tops off capsicums and keep aside. Remove seeds and membranes. Cook capsicums 5 mins in boiling water with a little salt, or in microwave for 1-2 minutes Drain.
- Cook rice or pasta.
- Fry garlic and onion in oil until soft.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add rice/pasta, olives, pinenuts, diced and grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill capsicums with mixtumre and cover with the tops, or if preferred, with cheese.
- Place in greased baking dish 35-40 minutes.
*Reviewed for Australian NZ Recipe Swap Adopt a Joey for August 08* These baked capsicums were wonderful-absolutely loved them. I think my capsicums were quite large....so only had enough filling prepared to fill five of them. I used a 400g tin of diced tomatoes as that was what I had in my pantry. The filling was great in these and the capsicums baked up to be juicy and sweet. Loved them. Photo also to be posted