Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Comfort food at its best. Tastes like baked stuffed potato - only easier.
- 16 ounces tater tots
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, lightly steamed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Put tater tots, onion and broccoli in casserole.
- Mix together soup and sour cream and pour over top of tater tots and vegetables.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle bacon over top and serve.
Yep. I admit it. I loved it. Even when I try to be "cream of soup free" I still find that I love this sort of stuff. I used a bit less tater tots (because my 32 oz bag was less than the half full I thought it was!) and a bit more broccoli (because my bag of frozen was a bit bigger than 2 cups!). I also used most of a leek instead of green onion and my cheese (which I did not measure) was regular fat. I originally attempted to use a 9x12 inch pan for this but it was much too big so I went down a size which was perfect. This was creamy and wonderfully tasty. The addition of a bit of cooked bacon (I used less than called for) was really nice and added a layer of flavor that we enjoyed. We served this as the main dish, not as a side. Probably not one we'll make often but it was fast and easy with what I had sitting around in my pantry and freezer. Thanks Kelbel!