Hag chef's Note:
This recipe can be prepared using boned, split chicken breasts without the skin or with the skin still attached. The skin becomes brown and crisp and keeps the delicate meat moist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds with or without the skin)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3-2/3 cup chicken stock
- olive oil (to brush on the chicken)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts.
- 3Trim any fat around the edges.
- 4If you wish, remove the white tendon running through the tenderloins.
- 5Place the chicken breasts 1 at a time between sheets of wax paper and gently pound with a mallet until about 3/8 inch thick.
- 6Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- 7Heat unsalted butter in a small skillet over medium high heat until the foam begins to subside.
- 8Add onions and cook, stirring, until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes: Stir in minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 9Remove the mixture to a bowl and stir in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper.
- 10Stir in the chicken stock.
- 11The stuffing should be just moist enough to hold together in a crumbly ball when squeezed firmly in the hand.
- 12Do not over moisten.
- 13Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- 14Lightly oil a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 15Place 1/4 cup stuffing on the center of the underside of each breast and press lightly to compact it.
- 16Bring the top and bottom flaps of the chicken up over the stuffing, slightly overlapping the ends, then fold up the sides to enclose the stuffing completely.
- 17Lay the packets seam side down in the pan and brush with olive oil.
- 18Season with Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- 19Bake until the chicken is lightly browned and feels firm when pressed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 20Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Boneless Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 476.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 34.4 g