Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe can be prepared using boned, split chicken breasts without the skin or with the skin still attached. The skin becomes brown and crisp and keeps the delicate meat moist.
- 8 boneless chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds with or without the skin)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3-2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- olive oil (to brush on the chicken)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts.
- Trim any fat around the edges.
- If you wish, remove the white tendon running through the tenderloins.
- Place the chicken breasts 1 at a time between sheets of wax paper and gently pound with a mallet until about 3/8 inch thick.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat unsalted butter in a small skillet over medium high heat until the foam begins to subside.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes: Stir in minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove the mixture to a bowl and stir in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken stock.
- The stuffing should be just moist enough to hold together in a crumbly ball when squeezed firmly in the hand.
- Do not over moisten.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Lightly oil a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Place 1/4 cup stuffing on the center of the underside of each breast and press lightly to compact it.
- Bring the top and bottom flaps of the chicken up over the stuffing, slightly overlapping the ends, then fold up the sides to enclose the stuffing completely.
- Lay the packets seam side down in the pan and brush with olive oil.
- Season with Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Bake until the chicken is lightly browned and feels firm when pressed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This was really very good and easy to prepare. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and it was moist and yummy. Thanks for posting! I'm always looking for chicken recipes. :)
"Wow" wereally went for this, the only thing we changed was , used onion in place of garlic, and as we are able to purchase chicken breast Fillet at $5.99 per Kilogram here on the Gold Coast Q.L.D Australia, we will be using this recipe often. Cheers Walt.
This was very good!!