Recipe by Rita~
Made the day before just sprinkle on topping and place in oven. Hop in the shower and breakfast is ready. A great way to start any day. Baked french toast filled with cheese and blueberries. One of my RSC recipes That I didn't enter. Go figure!
Top Review by teneillr
Delicious! I used regular sugar and french bread, as that's what I had on hand... it was amazing. I will definitely make it again, but will probably reserve it for holidays or birthdays. Scrumptious!
- 85.04 g mascarpone cheese or 85.04 g cream cheese
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (regular sugar equals twice the amount)
- 113.39-141.74 g fresh blueberries
- 4 slice challah (or your favorite)
- 14.79 ml whole wheat flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml nonfat milk (any will work) or 118.29 ml low-fat milk (any will work) or 118.29 ml whole milk (any will work)
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 4.92 ml Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (regular sugar equals twice the amount)
- 7.39 ml Splenda brown sugar blend (regular brown sugar 1 tablespoon)
- 44.37 ml graham crackers, crushed
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml prepared whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm cheese in microwave oven for 5-10 seconds just to softened; stir in vanilla and splenda.
- Butter a Pyrex Loaf Dish which is just large enough to hold tightly the 2 slices of bread.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the bread and top with blueberries; place the 2 remaining slices of bread on blueberries.
- Mix the flour, salt, eggs, milk, cinnamon, almond extract, and Splenda pour over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Place on counter at room temperature in morning.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the soaked bread.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Enjoy topped with whipped cream.
- Optional toppings of syrup, and or yogurt.
- cinnamon and sugar.
- fresh blueberries.