Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is really tasty and so easy to make!
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Avocado recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Fry the onion in the butter for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scoop the flesh out of the avocado skins with a teaspoon, taking care not to damage the skins.
- Dice the avocado flesh.
- Add the fried onion to the avocado along with the nuts, cheeses, parsley and sherry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pile the mixture (overstuffed) into the avocado shells.
- Place them in a shallow ovenproof dish and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them!
- Serve immediately.
What an interesting combination of flavors. I substituted hazelnuts for the almonds and thought they compliment the avocado and cheeses nicely.
These were impressive! What a great combination of flavors and textures and pretty too. I did add 2 Tbsp. of finely chopped red bell pepper for color and the 3 garlic cloves other raters suggested. I also used a mixture of roasted and salted cashews, brazil nuts and almonds for the nuts. Great trecipe mariposa13. I'll be making these many times and have already shared your recipe.
Wonderful flavors. I used a sweet white wine in place of the sherry. Yummmm!