- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved and stones removed
- 4 ounces chopped brazil nuts or 4 ounces slivered almonds
- 4 ounces gruyere or 4 ounces swiss cheese, diced
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Fry the onion in the butter for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scoop the flesh out of the avocado skins with a teaspoon, taking care not to damage the skins.
- Dice the avocado flesh.
- Add the fried onion to the avocado along with the nuts, cheeses, parsley and sherry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pile the mixture (overstuffed) into the avocado shells.
- Place them in a shallow ovenproof dish and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them!
- Serve immediately.