Recipe by Dwynnie
This recipe is essentially for stuffed artichokes, without the mess, in a bite size! A quick and easy side dish or appetizer, this recipe can be baked in the oven, or even put out on the grill (in an aluminum pan), and is great for company! As a plus, the goat cheese topping can be made ahead of time. Note: The serving size is for this recipe as a side dish.
Top Review by LindyAshland
This is a great recipe!!! I did not use the lemon juice. I used heavy whip cream instead of half and half. I used fresh parsley and 8 oz of goat cheese. I took these to a party and EVERYBODY raved and took seconds. Yay! I am not a great cook, but this dish was a hit!
- 7 1⁄8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 3⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs, divided
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 (14 ounce) canslarge artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 dish with cooking spray.
- Mix goat cheese, Italian spices, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, and half and half together.
- Mix 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together.
- Drain artichoke hearts well and cut them in half. Place the artichoke heartrs cut side up in the dish and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Top each artichoke heart with approximately 1 tsp of the goat cheese mixture, then sprinkle the parmesan mixture on top.
- Spray the artichoke hearts with cooking spray and bake them for 20 to 30 minutes (until golden brown).
- On the grill, use indirect medium heat to bake the dish.