Recipe by weekend cooker
Another variation of Stuffed Apples I got from the nearby Apple Orchard nearby.
Top Review by seal angel
I didn't think this was so great. Getting the core out was kind of a challange. I used granny smith apples, walnuts, peanuts, and splenda. I would try a different kind of apple. Too tart!!! I planned on having them in the crockpot for 4 hrs on low but they turned too mush after two hours and split. Topped them with ice cream.
- 2 teaspoons walnuts or 2 teaspoons pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 -8 medium baking apples, cored but left whole and unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chopped walnuts, or pecans and sugar in a small bowl.
- Stand cored apples on bottom of slow cooker. Spoon nut-sugar mixture into centers of apples, dividing evenly among apples.
- Sprinkle stuffed apples with cinnamon, and dot with butter.
- Add water`along side of the cooker.
- Cover, and cook on Low 3-5 hours, or on high 2 1/2- 3 1/2 hours, or until apples are tender, but not collapsing.
- Serve warm as is, or with ice cream or frozen yogurt.