Recipe by weekend cooker
Another stuffed Apple recipe I received from the Apple Orchard
Top Review by I'mPat
I made 3 large granny smith apples but used the filling for 4 and used Natvia for the sugar substitute but as I find this to be very sweet I only used 3 teaspoons (one for each apple, I allowed 5 hours on low but at 4 hours they were still quite firm so upped to high for the last hour, bad mistake for they totally collapsed and were over done but were still delicious with lovely flavour and I served with a scoop of vanilla icecream, thank you weekend cooker, made for Please Review My Recipe.
- 2 tablespoons walnuts or 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 6 -8 medium baking apples, cored, but left whole and unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix nuts, and splenda in a small bowl.
- Stand apples on bottom of slow cooker, and spoon nut/splenda mixture into centers of apples, dividing evenly among apples.
- Sprinkle stuffed apples with cinnamon and dot with butter.
- Add water along the edge of slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 3-5 hours, or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours, or until apples are tender but not collapsing.
- Serve warm as is, or with ice cream, or frozen yogurt.