Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Another version of stuffed Apples I received from the nearby apple orchard.
- 29.58 ml raisins
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 6-8 medium baking apples, cored but left whole and unpeeled
- 1.62 ml cinnamon
- 1.62 ml allspice
- 1.62 ml clove, crushed
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml water
- Mix raisins and sugar together in a small bowl, and stand apples on bottom of slow cooker.
- Spoon raisin/sugar mixture into centers of apples, dividing evenly among apples.
- Sprinkle stuffed apples with cinnamon allspice and clove mixture, and dot with butter.
- Add water along the edge of the cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 3-5 hours or on high for 2 1/2 -3 1/2 hours, or until apples are tender, but not collapsing.
- Serve warm as is, or with ice cream or frozen yogurt.
I prepepard this recipe in my oven which is made for cooking at low temperatures as well. I used the program for low temperature and I cooked it at about 95°C (200°F) as suggested. I bought this oven especially for this kind of programs and I'm glad I found out that I can prepare such a nice dessert in this way. I'm really surprised. The apples were much better than convential cooked apples in sirup!<br/>Thanks a lot for your teaching and the great recipe which we enjoyed with Zurie's Zabaglione Sauce. A perfect combination!
I used brown sugar and sultanas but otherwise made as per recipe making it for 3 apples but I forgot to slit them around the centre of the ppale so they spli, but where still very much enjoyed andserved with fat free French vanilla yoghurt. Thank you weekend cooker, made for Please REview My Recipe.