Recipe by weekend cooker
Another version of stuffed Apples I received from the nearby apple orchard.
Top Review by awalde
I prepepard this recipe in my oven which is made for cooking at low temperatures as well. I used the program for low temperature and I cooked it at about 95°C (200°F) as suggested. I bought this oven especially for this kind of programs and I'm glad I found out that I can prepare such a nice dessert in this way. I'm really surprised. The apples were much better than convential cooked apples in sirup!<br/>Thanks a lot for your teaching and the great recipe which we enjoyed with Zurie's Recipe #228686. A perfect combination!
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 -8 medium baking apples, cored but left whole and unpeeled
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄3 teaspoon clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix raisins and sugar together in a small bowl, and stand apples on bottom of slow cooker.
- Spoon raisin/sugar mixture into centers of apples, dividing evenly among apples.
- Sprinkle stuffed apples with cinnamon allspice and clove mixture, and dot with butter.
- Add water along the edge of the cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 3-5 hours or on high for 2 1/2 -3 1/2 hours, or until apples are tender, but not collapsing.
- Serve warm as is, or with ice cream or frozen yogurt.