Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from The Best of Electric Crockery Cooking. I like to make this when I have quest come over.
- Wash, core and stem the apples, but don't peel them.
- Stand them in a buttered mold and stuff them with 2/3 cup of the brown sugar, the raisins and the orange peel.
- Fill the tops of the core cavities with butter and sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops.
- Place the mold in the slow cooker and pour the hot water into the cooker.
- Sprinkle the orange juice concentrate over the apples.
- Cover the cooker and cook on Low for 3 to 5 hours, or until the apples are tender.
This turned out well in my 1 1/2 quart slow cooker. I only did one huge granny Smith apple and it was very good.I didn't have the orange juice concentrate, it was good without it. Thanks for a tasty dessert.