Recipe by Kim1
These are so good. Loves the way the house smells when they are made.
Top Review by Breezytoo
These are really good and so simple to make! Having a few apples I wanted to use up thought I'd try this recipe so I could free up using my oven. Never having made a baked apple before, this was a simple way to do so and the smell was indeed wonderful as they baked! After 4 hours they were more then ready, so would use caution on the 8 hour cooking time. Thanks for sharing your recipe :)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 8 cooking apples, unpeeled,cored
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- Mix sugar and raisins and pack mixture into apple centers.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with heaping teaspoon butter.
- Put in crockpot with 1/2 cup water.
- Cover pot; cook on LOW overnight or 8 hours, until apples are tender.
- Serve warm with cream.