Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These are so good. Loves the way the house smells when they are made.
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 8 cooking apples, unpeeled,cored
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- Mix sugar and raisins and pack mixture into apple centers.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with heaping teaspoon butter.
- Put in crockpot with 1/2 cup water.
- Cover pot; cook on LOW overnight or 8 hours, until apples are tender.
- Serve warm with cream.
These are really good and so simple to make! Having a few apples I wanted to use up thought I'd try this recipe so I could free up using my oven. Never having made a baked apple before, this was a simple way to do so and the smell was indeed wonderful as they baked! After 4 hours they were more then ready, so would use caution on the 8 hour cooking time. Thanks for sharing your recipe :)
Very simple to make, and delicious. The only change I made was to add a dash of allspice to it. My kids loved them so much, they wanted them for breakfast this morning too. Thanks for posting.