Recipe by Dancer^
Now that its apple season, we make stuffed apples everytime we have a oven meal.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I agree with Bergy, these stuffed apples are heavenly. Very easy to prepare thanks to my nifty apple corer. I loved the cranberry and walnut filling. Great spiced flavor. The apples came out very tender. Thanks Dancer^ for another winning recipe.
- 6 baking apples, cored and take off 1/4 width of skin around the top of apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup cherries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples in baking dish.
- Pour cider over apples.
- In small bowl mix the cranberries or cherries with the walnuts.
- Divide mixture among the six apples and stuff in the center of each apple.
- Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg over apples.
- Place in preheated 350 degrees oven.
- Baste during baking several times.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.