Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Now that its apple season, we make stuffed apples everytime we have a oven meal.
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Place apples in baking dish.
- Pour cider over apples.
- In small bowl mix the cranberries or cherries with the walnuts.
- Divide mixture among the six apples and stuff in the center of each apple.
- Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg over apples.
- Place in preheated 350 degrees oven.
- Baste during baking several times.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
I agree with Bergy, these stuffed apples are heavenly. Very easy to prepare thanks to my nifty apple corer. I loved the cranberry and walnut filling. Great spiced flavor. The apples came out very tender. Thanks Dancer^ for another winning recipe.
What a heavenly side dish - it's like having dessert with your meat & taters. This dish will be wonderful on my Christmas table, Thanksgiving table and any other time - it is one of those extra touchs that make guests say "Wow you did go to a lot of trouble". It is so easy - I cut out the sugar and used craisins (they are a little sweeter than regular dried cranberries) Thank you Dancer for another winner!!!!!!
Had this with pork tenderloin as a side dish without the sugar. I think I needed to use a bit more apple sauce than I did (I halved the recipe), because I thought the dried fruit needed a bit more liquid than the apples seemed to give. Will make a again.