Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice appetizer, rich with blue cheese and flaky pastry! Prep time includes chilling.
Make and share this Baked Stilton Pastries recipe from Food.com.
- Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and crumble the stilton on top; add the Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper and beat together with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Lightly brush a phyllo sheet with melted butter, then lay another on top; keep doing that until you have five or six sheets done.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the surface of the phyllo sheets, then roll up lengthways (like a swiss roll); chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the chilled roll into 1/4-inch slices and place, spaced apart, on baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown; let cool on wire racks.
I made this for two of us for dinner. I thought it might be a little strongly flavoured to eat in such quantity and I guess it was, but we really enjoyed it. I made two separate rolls, cutting each in half, and when I cooked it most of the filling ran out. That might have been because I didn't put it in the fridge first. It was very tasty and the pastry crisped up beautifully so I'd definitely make it again, but next time I'd probably double the cream cheese and halve the Stilton. *** I just asked hubby to rate this and he said definitely 5 stars, so I'm upping my rating from a 4***
Recipe worked out well. Guests love them.