Recipe by Classic Chef
This is a recipe I emulated from a top restaurant in Denver. It turned out great. Friends and family give it rave reviews. I serve this with Long Grain and Wild Rice.
- 1 lb steelhead trout or 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricots
- 4 -5 green onions (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) candiced pineapple
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped or sliced small)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried cilantro (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh)
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine apricots (reserve juice), pineapple, green onions, and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro.
- Toss all and chill for at least one hour.
- Place trout/salmon filets in lightly greased 9x11 inch baking dish (I use butter to grease the pan).
- Cover trout with salsa.
- Gently pour reserved apricot juice over all.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.