1/2 Photos of Baked Steelhead Trout/Salmon with Apricot Salsa
Classic Chef's Note:
This is a recipe I emulated from a top restaurant in Denver. It turned out great. Friends and family give it rave reviews. I serve this with Long Grain and Wild Rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb steelhead trout or 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricots
- 4 -5 green onions (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced pineapple
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped or sliced small)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cilantro (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine apricots (reserve juice), pineapple, green onions, and bell pepper.
- 3Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro.
- 4Toss all and chill for at least one hour.
- 5Place trout/salmon filets in lightly greased 9x11 inch baking dish (I use butter to grease the pan).
- 6Cover trout with salsa.
- 7Gently pour reserved apricot juice over all.
- 8Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Steelhead Trout/Salmon with Apricot Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 129.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 52.2 g