Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I emulated from a top restaurant in Denver. It turned out great. Friends and family give it rave reviews. I serve this with Long Grain and Wild Rice.
- 1 lb steelhead trout or 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricots
- 4 -5 green onions (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) candiced pineapple
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped or sliced small)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried cilantro (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh)
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine apricots (reserve juice), pineapple, green onions, and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro.
- Toss all and chill for at least one hour.
- Place trout/salmon filets in lightly greased 9x11 inch baking dish (I use butter to grease the pan).
- Cover trout with salsa.
- Gently pour reserved apricot juice over all.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
It was amazing, I added the mango and that was a nice touch I think next time I am going to add a little more spice to it.
I made this receipe for my jackpine savage nephew, his fiancee, and their two hunyuck buddies. Fantabulous!!!! For the salsa, I made it with one full red pepper and one full yellow pepper and added one fresh mango to the recipe. Use fresh cilantro in lieu of dried adds to the flavor, also. I got an A from the boys from up north who were born and raised on wild game they shot or hooked. Chef Francois
I don't think you could improve on steelhead trout cooked any other way. This is colorful, acidic, and fruity.Extremely easy to make and we served it over brown rice.