Recipe by mollypaul
If you prefer, substitute apple and raisin stuffing for the oyster stuffing. This savory dish is from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook,Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup oyster, chopped
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the filling, mix all ingredients together lightly.
- Pound steaks and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Spread on steak in a shallow pan, cover with filling and top with remaining steak.
- Sprinkle with flour, add water and cover.
- Bake at 350F for 1 1/4 hours.
- Baste occasionally, adding more water if necessary.
- After the first 1/2 hour, potatoes, onions and carrots may be added to cook with the meat.