Recipe by Dawn
This is a great introduction recipe to Mexican cooking. Yummy steak in melted cheese rolled up in a tortilla, covered in sauce! It doesn't use exotic ingredients and it isn't spicey. This recipe was a winner in a bake off contest that I found on a web site. A good hearty recipe for pot lucks, family gatherings etc.
Top Review by Stephanie43
I had trouble making the amount of refried beans and steak spread around to all the burritos. Next time I will use more. And there will be a next time because this dish is excellent. Wonderful taste,impressive presentation and quick as a snap to prepare.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin tip steaks, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 small flour tortillas (fajita size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Set aside a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in Taco Seasoning.
- Add beef strips and cook until meat is browned and drain.
- Microwave beans until warmed (about 2 minutes).
- Warm tortillas in microwave about 30 seconds.
- Spread beans onto tortillas, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- Top with beef, cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Roll up tortillas and fold in sides (resembles an enchilada) and place seam side down in an ungreased baking pan.
- Pour enchilada sauce over burritos in pan and sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes until burritos are heated and cheese is melted.