Recipe by chia
A nice change to broiling or grilling, the gravy is delicious. I always serve this with mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Barb G.
Wow Chia, another great recipe. The steak was so tender and tasty. Love Worcestershire sauce, I added a little dried onion soup mix also, plus onions. Gravy was great over mashed potatoes. Dh loved it. Great recipe for a cheaper cut of steak and so easy to make.
- 3 lbs beef top round steak
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt, pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pound steak to tenderize.
- Dredge both sides in flour, salt and pepper.
- In heavy oven proof skillet heat oil, add steak and brown on both sides, remove add stock, bring to boil, scraping bits off pan.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, more salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat.
- Layer half the onions in pan, add steak, layer rest of onions, broth, spoon some broth on top.
- Bake for 2 hours, covered, basting steak after 1 hour.
- Remove to cutting board and slice.
- Serve with the gravy.