Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Juicy and delicious. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat a skillet very hot; place steak in skillet and sear on both sides until well browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make sauce: melt butter, blend in flour, add remaining ingredients and cook for about ten minutes.
- Pour over steak; place in oven andbake for 20 minutes.
- Serve at once with sauce.