Recipe by mollypaul
Juicy and delicious. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 lbs top sirloin steaks, about 2-inch thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons pimientos, minced
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 3 cups peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat a skillet very hot; place steak in skillet and sear on both sides until well browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make sauce: melt butter, blend in flour, add remaining ingredients and cook for about ten minutes.
- Pour over steak; place in oven andbake for 20 minutes.
- Serve at once with sauce.