Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Any squash is suitable for this dish. This is fantastic as a light meal when served with hot pitta breads.
- 400 g squash
- 50 g brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup mixed fresh herbs, of your choice
- 50 g crumbled feta
- Heat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Peel and cut the squash into 5cm cubes. cut the tips of the cloves but leave the skin on.
- Place the squash, mushrooms, garlic onion, cumin and olive oil in a bowl and toss well.
- Spread the ingredients into a baking tray and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 mins until squash is soft.
- Remove garlic and squeeze out the insides. Drizzle with the lemon juice, stir in the herbs and serve topped with the feta.