Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Baked squash sticks seasoned with spices and parmesan cheese. You can also substitute a small japanese eggplant for one of the zucchini. Nice with an onion dipping sauce.
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cut the vegetables in half lengthwise and then cut each section in half crosswise.
- Cut the quaters into long strips 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the vegetables to the bowl and mix until coated with the seasonings.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and mix until the vegetables are coated with oil.
- Place the vegetables in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the vegetables over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
I loved the flavor of this, and am definitely going to try this again with a mix of veggies. Cooking time was a little long, as my zucchini was really soft, but my own fault, as I probably could have left off the second cooking since the veggies were tender. This seasoning would be great on roasted potatoes, I think...
Real nice seasoning for squash and zucchini. Thanks for posting.
Wonderful!!!! It was quick and easy! I added eggplant and it was all amazing! I made 1 change. I didnt use olive oil, I sprayed them with I cant believe its not butter spary. Turned out great!