Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Baked Squash Casserole from Black-Eyed Pea
Make and share this Baked Squash Casserole from Black-Eyed Pea recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil.
- Add Squash. Return to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Stir in eggs, crumbs, butter, sugar, salt, onion and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle a light layer of bread crumbs on top.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
This is really good, even though I accidentally put too much sugar in it! I'm having *cold* leftovers now. Thanks for the post b/c this is the #1 I crave from Black Eyed Pea!
great use for all the squash in the garden. So yummy....especially when I don't live anywhere near a Black-Eyed Pea Restaurant!!
Quite tasty! I can't say it's exactly like BEP, but I can't say it's any different either! This is my favorite use for yellow squash.