- 5 lbs medium yellow squash, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil.
- Add Squash. Return to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Stir in eggs, crumbs, butter, sugar, salt, onion and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle a light layer of bread crumbs on top.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned.