Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy, healthy, vegan squash. :) I'm getting ready for the holidays! Trying to find tasty yet healthy recipes, so I'll be able to maintain my good health even during the holiday season. From "The Best of Silver Hills Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine" cookbook.
- Peel squash and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in pot, cover with water and simmer over low heat until tender. Drain water.
- Place cashews and water in blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place cooked squash in bowl. Add seasoning and beat with electric beater until smooth. Pour in blended mixture and combine well.
- Spoon squash into an oiled casserole dish and cover with bread crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 for 20 minutes.