Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy, but a little rich, this dish can be a light main dish or a fairly substantial side dish. Regardless, it's yummy!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed,squeeze dried
- 4 large eggs
- 11 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained,reserving
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely crushed Ritz cracker
- Preheat oven to 350^F and spray an 8x8x2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well.
- Add spinach, then cheese and tomatoes.
- In a large skillet, heat the reserved oil and saute the onions and garlic about 8 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
- Combine with the spinach mixture.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Scape into the baking dish and sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake 40 minutes until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.