Top Review by Bergy
Great appearance, lovely way to serve spinach (even spinach haters will love this recipe). Great flavor with the garlic onion tomato & spinach, Followed the recipe but cut back to 1 egg and sprinkled the top with parmesan cheese - A winner Kim Thanks for posting
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in butter until tender; about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook a few minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in crumbs, eggs and salt.
- Set aside.
- Place tomato halves, cut side up in a 13x9 baking dish (if necessary, cut a thin slice from bottom of each tomato so it stands upright).
- Mound a scant 1/2 cup of the spinach mixture onto each half.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.