Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Super easy and tasty. It's a great way to get use leftover rice!
Make and share this Baked Spinach Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, save liquid
- 1⁄2 lb firm silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a blender, blend tofu, salt, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of spinach liquid until creamy.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok and saute onion and garlic.
- Stir in the rice, pepper, and spices ( i use basil and a tiny pinch of thyme, but you could sub what you like), spinach, and the creamed tofu.
- Spray a 1 1/2 quart dish with cooking spray and transfer rice into dish. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Super tasty. Good amount of protein, my husband loved it.
This really hit the spot! I can't find tofu of any variety very easily, so I used a soft & mild feta cheese (and therefore reduced the salt by 1/2). I also used chopped fresh spinach instead of frozen, and cooked it down a bit when I added it to the saute pan with the onions and rice. Simple and tasty! Thanks for the recipe.
This was pretty good! I love rice and spinach, and this is a quick and easy dinner. It reheated nicely, too, so I was able to eat it for a week. Thanks for submitting!