Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I cut this recipe out of a magazine a long time ago, and finally pulled it out to make for a New Year's Eve get together. It is wonderful! I wish I hadn't waited so long!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, unsliced round
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat cream cheese and mayo together in mixing bowl.
- Stir in next nine remaining ingredients.
- Cut a slice off top of bread; set aside.
- Carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2 inch shell.
- Cube removed bread and set aside.
- Fill the shell with spinach dip; replace top.
- Wrap in heavy-duty foil; place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 75 - 90 minutes or until dip is heated through.
- Open foil carefully.
- Serve warm with bread cubes and vegetables.
I didn't have time to bake this the first day, so I went ahead and made the dip and stuck it in the fridge. The second day, I just shelled out the loaf and then baked it. Yummy! I couldn't keep my husband out of it to take a picture!! Definately a keeper. Made for ZWT4 - Chic Chefs. Thanks for the recipe!
Followed the instructions to a tee and was very happy with the outcome! Made 2 of these for a Christmas night gathering of about 20 people. YUMMY!!! Thanks for such a great recipe.
A fantastic dip that went over at yesterday's BBQ and everbody loved the addition of bacon in this dip. Served with chunks of bread and veggies. Made for Zingo, ZWT4.