Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I like to use a bakers heat shield under this casserole so the bottom cheese doesn't get too brown, Nice spinach recipe
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated (or your choice)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Coarsely chop the spinach.
- Melt the butter over medium heat & when bubbly add onion& garlic.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, salt & pepper.
- Cover & reduce heat to low steam for 3-4 minutes.
- Put half of the cheese into an 8" greased casserole dish.
- Add spinach, & nutmeg.
- Cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake in 350F for apprx 20 minutes or until cheese is browned.
I just made this yesterday and ate the whole thing myself! I used olive oil instead of butter, and no nutmeg. And since I'm lazy, just threw a handful of (veggie) shredded cheddar into the pan. I'll do the "bake" part for company, Bergy!
This was really good.... my boyfriend loved it. i did change the recipe slightly. I was worried that the chhese on the bottom would burn, so i mixed in some breadcrumbs with the bottom layer of cheese. i only had frozen spinach, so I thawed and drained it. Also, i added a touch of togarashi for a little hint of heat, and i baked it at 300 for about 30 minutes because I was making ribs that needed to cook at that temp. It turned out great! Thanks for sharing another keeper Bergy!
This was really yummy!!! But I must admit that I left out the nutmeg. And I didn't miss the spice. It was enjoyed by everyone in the family. This will be a regular in our house. Thank you!