1/1 Photo of Baked Spinach and Cheese Ranch Potato Cakes #RSC
Mary@One Perfect Bite's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This recipe was developed for the Hidden Valley Ranch Recipe Contest. It combines spinach and cheese with shredded potatoes and seasons the mixture with Hidden Valley Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix. The mixture is formed into cakes and baked, saving calories, time and the stress of last minute preparation. These easy to make cakes make a wonderful side dish to serve with plain roasted meat and poultry. Your family will love them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb red potatoes, coarsely grated and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix, mix divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided use
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 11) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 22) Combine drained potatoes, spinach, shallots, 5 teaspoons seasoning mix, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and flour in a large bowl. Mix well.
- 33) Using a 1/4-cup measure, drop 8 small mounds of mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Lightly press each mound to form a cake that is 1-inch high. Spray tops lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 44) Meanwhile, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, remaining 5 teaspoon seasoning mix and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl. Mix well.
- 55) Transfer potato cakes to a serving platter and top each with a small dollop of yogurt sauce. Garnish with lemon slices.Serve immediately. Yield: 8 potato cakes.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spinach and Cheese Ranch Potato Cakes #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 295.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix