Recipe by Mary@One Perfect Bite
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This recipe was developed for the Hidden Valley Ranch Recipe Contest. It combines spinach and cheese with shredded potatoes and seasons the mixture with Hidden Valley Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix. The mixture is formed into cakes and baked, saving calories, time and the stress of last minute preparation. These easy to make cakes make a wonderful side dish to serve with plain roasted meat and poultry. Your family will love them.
- 453.59 g red potatoes, coarsely grated and drained
- 118.29 ml finely chopped fresh spinach
- 118.29 ml finely chopped shallot
- 28.34 g package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix, mix divided use
- 2.46 ml coarsely cracked black pepper
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml lemon juice, divided use
- 118.29 ml plain Greek yogurt
- 44.37 ml mayonnaise
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2) Combine drained potatoes, spinach, shallots, 5 teaspoons seasoning mix, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and flour in a large bowl. Mix well.
- 3) Using a 1/4-cup measure, drop 8 small mounds of mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Lightly press each mound to form a cake that is 1-inch high. Spray tops lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 4) Meanwhile, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, remaining 5 teaspoon seasoning mix and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl. Mix well.
- 5) Transfer potato cakes to a serving platter and top each with a small dollop of yogurt sauce. Garnish with lemon slices.Serve immediately. Yield: 8 potato cakes.