Recipe by *Pixie*
Even people who don't like spinach will eat this, sometimes they don't even realize it is spinach! Makes a nice lunch or side dish.
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 slices prosciutto, diced
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese (parmesan or cheddar work well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash spinach to remove any sand.
- Place spinach in a vegetable steamer over boiling water.
- Cover and steam for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from steamer, dice into 1/2" pieces and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in nonstick pan.
- Add onion, garlic and prosciutto to pan, cook at a low heat until onion is well cooked and a light brown in color.
- Add spinach to pan, reduce heat to lowest setting and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs with cream, salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil (or spray with pam) an 8" square baking dish.
- Add the spinach mixture and parmesan cheese to eggs.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cut into 4 squares.