Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
A super marinated spicy baked shrimp dish. Easy to make and so delicious! Kick it up further by adding more tabasco and red pepper flakes to your taste.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp and simmer briefly, then cool.
- Peel and devein shrimp, then wipe them dry.
- Marinate in butter mixture for 8 hours.
- Bake in 300 degree oven in a shallow pan for 10 to 12 minutes.
I made this for my husband and he was in love with the first bite. I don't like shrimp and I wasn't sure about the taste, but the clean platter proved the point. I served it with crusty garlic bread and a salad, and my nephew ended up eating any left over sauce by using the bread to soak it up. When I say the platter was licked clean, I mean it literally. Try this one. You won't be sorry.
This recipe was erally easy and quick AND had great flavor. I was unable to marinate the shrimp for the FULL time, but the flavor of the sauce was still nice and spicy. I had to use a blob of ketchup and some brown sugar in place of chili sauce, which I did not have on hand. Cook time for me was about 15/16 minutes, and we ate it over some brown rice. Thanks again, Marie!