Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Fat Free version of the French Fry! I have in the past substituted Cajun Spice in place of the seasonings in the recipe.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut potatoes into wedges or slices and lightly spray a baking sheet with fat-free oil.
- Place potato wedges or slices in a plastic bag with spices and half of the oil, then toss to cover all.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes turning and brushing often with the remaining oil.
- Broil about 5 minutes turning after 3 minutes.
Mmmm, yummy, spicy fries! Luved the cayenne pepper and paprika in this! The heat was just the right amount! The directions were clear and easy to folow and everything worked out nicely. I added in some garlic powder, just cause I like garlic so much. Other than that though I followed your recipe and loved it! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it with us! Made and reviwed for I Recommend Tag Game July 2010.
WOW! If you like spicy, these fries are for you. (I used 4 large potatoes) I also used all the cayenne it called for. I felt these could've used something else. Maybe a dash of garlic powder. I'll make these again and play around with more spices. :)
WOOWEE these are HOT fries! I cut back as per cookin4my3boy's advice, but she's right ONE tsp of cayenne pepper is lots! My boyfriend and I liked these because we do like spicy foods, but they were almost too hot. I will try these again with even LESS cayenne pepper!