1/1 Photo of Baked Spicy Chicken Tenders With Honey-Mustard Sauce
Dedee Royale's Note:
This is a delicious and spicy appetizer that does not contain all the calories of the usual fried cousins you find in a restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten till frothy
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons fine cornmeal
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat to 425F degrees.
- 2Spray a heavy baking sheet liberally with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 3In a small bowl place cornstarch.
- 4In a 2nd small bowl whisk together egg, salt and hot sauce.
- 5In a 3rd bowl, mix together cornmeal, panko crumbs, chili powder and cayenne powder.
- 6Dredge the chicken strips in the cornstarch, then into the egg mixture, allowing egg to drip off.
- 7Dredge chicken in the cornmeal/bread crumb mixture, coating well.
- 8Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- 9Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- 10Bake 15 minutes till crispy.
- 11Blend honey and mustard together till smooth and serve with chicken tenders.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spicy Chicken Tenders With Honey-Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.6
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 1555.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 49.0 g
- Protein 34.3 g