Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom found this recipe in a newspaper and absolutely loved it. Now I love it too. :)
Make and share this Baked Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 links of spicy chicken sausage
- 2 links mild chicken sausage
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta (Pref wheat pasta) or 12 ounces fusilli (Pref wheat pasta)
- 2 cups spicy tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (torn or chopped into coarse pieces)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red-hot chili pepper flakes
- 12 ounces buffalo mozzarella (cut into 6 slices and cube the rest)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°; lightly oil a 9 x 13 x 2 in baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy pot over med-low heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking them into clumps until browned. (10-12 min) Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender. (About 12 min) Drain well and add sausages along with marinara sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, pepper flakes, diced mozzarella, salt and pepper. Toss well. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and cover the top with the sliced mozzarella slices.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and pasta is heated through. (About 20 min).