1/2 Photos of Baked Spasagna by Cheddar's
This recipe was featured and prepared on our local Fox station this morning. It is on the menu at Cheddar's restaurants here in the DFW area. It is really good! This Italian dish uses spaghetti instead of lasagna noodles in a casserole-style treat that's sure to please your family. "Tender spaghetti baked with three cheeses and our Alfredo sauce, topped with our rich marinara, served with hot garlic bread."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided use
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook spaghetti al dente according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain. Place in large mixing bowl.
- 3In another mixing bowl, stir together sour cream, ricotta, half-and-half, mozzarella, oregano, basil, white pepper, garlic, salt, and half the Parmesan cheese.
- 4Add above cheese mixture to the spaghetti. Using hands, mix gently until spaghetti is evenly coated with mixture.
- 5Rub a 9x13 glass baking dish with the olive oil.
- 6Gently place spaghetti mixture into prepared dish. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 7Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven, remove foil and place dish on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- 9Cut into six-eight squares and top with meat sauce below, or your favorite meat or marinara sauce.
- 10Meat Sauce.: Heat a heavy saucepan on medium heat for five minutes.
- 11Add ground beef and stir to break up clumps. Cook till meat is browned well. Drain meat and set aside.
- 12Add onions and garlic to saucepan and cook over medium heat for about five minutes, or until softened.
- 13Return reserved meat to pan, along with spaghetti sauce, salt, oregano, basil, sugar, red wine and romano cheese. Stir well to combine.
- 14Bring mixture to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 15Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spasagna by Cheddar's
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1381.3
- Calories from Fat 635
- Total Fat 70.6 g
- Saturated Fat 38.6 g
- Cholesterol 236.0 mg
- Sodium 2446.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 73.5 g