- 3 lbs spareribs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut (undrained)
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F degrees.
- Cut ribs into serving pieces.
- Place in 13x9-inch pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350°F degrees.
- Remove ribs; drain fat from pan.
- In same pan, combine sauerkraut, sugar, apples, onion, and water.
- Spread it all out evenly.
- Put ribs on top; bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hrs, stirring occasionally.