Prep 8 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Hearty supper! A favorite here.
Make and share this Baked Spareribs With Sauerkraut and Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 450°F degrees.
- Cut ribs into serving pieces.
- Place in 13x9-inch pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350°F degrees.
- Remove ribs; drain fat from pan.
- In same pan, combine sauerkraut, sugar, apples, onion, and water.
- Spread it all out evenly.
- Put ribs on top; bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hrs, stirring occasionally.
I love ribs with sauerkraut & apple. I used already cooked ribs so I put the apples & kraut over the cut pieces of ribs, covered them with foil and baked them at 350 for 1 Hour. Fall off the bone moist & delicious
Thank you so much for posting your great recipe! My family really enjoyed it. I didn't have as much sauerkraut as it called for but it was still super. I'm putting this in my tried and true file and will certainly make it again.
Thank you------this is perfect for my home made sauerkraut. the first time I made it exactly to the recipe. It was great. The second time I left out the brown sugar and used apple juice instead of the water. that also was great-----I liked it even a little better.